If you have prescription medication in your household and are looking for a location for proper disposal, you can bring these medications to either the Keene Police Department or the Hinsdale Police Department. Guidelines on what is accepted and not accepted are as follows:
1. Pharmaceuticals may be disposed of in the original containers or in
a sealed plastic bag.
2. Liquids must remain in the original container.
These agencies accept:
1. Prescription medication (Controlled and Non-Controlled)
2. Over-the-counter (OTC) medication
4. Syrups, Ointments, Creams, Lotions
They do NOT accept:
1. Needles, syringes, or lancets
2. Thermometers, batteries or other products which contain mercury or
3. Medical waste items such as IV bags, used bandages, gowns, or
4. Aerosol cans
5. Hydrogen peroxide or other disinfectants
6. Personal care products (non-medicated shampoo, sunscreen, etc)
For more information on safe medication disposal, please visit the Monadnock Voices web site