If you would the Chesterfield Police Department to conduct routine security checks of your residence while you are away for an extended period of time, please notify the department by submitting the following form. You can email, fax, mail or drop off the completed form at the Chesterfield Police Department. Our Mailing address is P.O. Box 231 Chesterfield NH 03443. Our Fax Line is (603) 363-4152. Please contact us if you have any questions about completing this form.
Please notify the Police Department immediately upon your return. The Chesterfield Police Officers will make regular periodic checks of your residence in your absence, as staffing levels and duty assignments permit.
- Stop all deliveries or have a trusted friend, neighbor, or relative pick them up
- Do not close all drapes and blinds
- Do not discuss your absence casually (This includes on social media).
- Use times and alternate your lighting patterns
- Have your lawn mowed or driveways/walkways cleared of snow
- Move valuables away from view of windows
- Keep a list of valuables (make, model, color, serial number, etc.)
- Put outdoor property away(bicycles, lawn furniture ,etc.)
- Leave a key with a trusted friend, neighbor, or relative to check your home
- The key holder should be able to contact you in case of an emergency and
should be able to respond to your home if the Police request them to.