Accident Report Form

In the State of New Hampshire, any motor vehicle accident causing death, personal injury, or combined vehicle/property damage in excess of $1,000.00 must be reported to the police immediately.

If the Chesterfield Police respond to a reported accident, the officer will advise you as to whether this is a “reportable” accident and whether or not we will file a state accident report. If the accident is considered a “reportable” accident, we will complete a State of New Hampshire Accident Report and file it with the Department of Safety. If the accident is a “non-reportable” accident, then we will complete a Call for Service documenting the circumstances and facilitate an exchange of information between both parties. You will then need to furnish this information to your insurance company.”

This information will then need to be furnished to your respective insurance companies.
If you are involved in a “reportable” accident and failed to notify the police at the time the collision occurred, the Chesterfield Police Department does NOT conduct an accident investigation. You will be responsible to file an an Operator’s Report (DSMV 400 within 15 days) and mail it to:

NH Dept. of Safety
DMV – FR / Accidents
23 Hazen Drive
Concord NH 03305

Powered by WordPress. Designed by WooThemes